Wednesday, 28 April 2010
This is Mary. The reknowned four legged, three armed, three titted monster of my form. I made this for a final piece for my Surfaces project, but she's not quiet finished here.
For this I took inspiration from Sarah Lucas and sock bunnies. It was to represent how people hide behind commericalised manufactured items when really were all the same.
We all have two arms, two head, two eyes a nose and a mouth.
She took a while to make, with the help of:
*Tights, pillow stuffing and hand sewing printed paper for the arms and legs
*Pillows, lue guns and sewing for the main body
*Sewing machining the face, whilst hand sewing on the features
At this point in he photo she needed her hair and shoes, but it gives a rugh ideao f the height an size. It's based of an average females height, so about 5'9?
I don't want to take her home though. Fuck that in the corner of my room.
For my Obesseion project, I focused around phobias, as it has similar effects as obssesion. I was then really intrested on how a phobia for someone, can be an arousing fetish for another.
How one person can be abnormly scared of something, and another can wank one out to the very same thing.
These were photos a took & and edited to show:
Merinthophobaia: Fear of being tied up
Asphyxiation: Arousal of stranlisation, restricting oxygen to the body
Tuesday, 27 April 2010
This was like a 3 weeks project me and the 5 other guys had to create for a local primary school's musical shindig. We made this beast from pine, MDF, greyboard, foam and fabric bits and pieces. It was eventually about over 2 metres long maybe? And had full working wings.
The lame bit was having to carry it for three miles to the other school, through town. We had our photo in the local newspaper, hence the reason I'm sat in it in the photo... I'm the smallest.
Pretty impressed with the outcome though, and the kids faces were immense when they saw it.
This was experimenting for my Music project.It was related to dreams at first, but this piece was about how some ex portrayed me. It picks out the things you feel are your worst points, and asks people straight.
I drew this up free hand then scanned it into photoshop. I messed about and played with the colours and.. wal'la.
Monday, 26 April 2010
This was my final piece for my Money project. I used measured out the required MDF I needed to create the shelves and the board, and drilled holes into the shelves. I then manually screwed it all up. I painted it all with white emulsion before arranging the features.
- An apple seed - shows a natural object
- An apple - with nothing added, nothing taken. Just one fresh apple
- An apple with syringe - showing the genetically modified side of process
- Packaging - This is showing the uncessarsary packaging that is expensive and wasteful
- Overly packaged apple - This is taking the mick out of the packaging by spending too much and treating it like something it isn't
- Artifical apple products - inclufing sweets and drinks, added e numbers and sugars
- Organic apple - People then complain that they want fresh, healthy food. The companies then make it organi and charge more for it.
- An apple - just a normal apple which comsumers wanted in the first place. Did not need to go through the whole process in the first place
This is showing how 'dumbminded' as a MEDC we are. It questions that people in other countries where the fruit was produced in the first place who have less money are smartr than us, because they eat fresh, raw fruit and vegetables, and do not waste money on pointless middle men.
So yeah, get me?